Meet our 2018 Scholarship Winners

 Reviewing Floret scholarship applications and preparing this post is one of the highlights of the year here at Floret.

Over the last week, the team and I have been burning the midnight oil as we have poured over all the scholarship essays. The entries were incredibly inspiring and left all of us so excited for the future of the floral industry – on a global level.

We were blown away by the number of applications we received this year. A record breaking 1,996 individuals from 53 different countries and all 50 U.S. states applied for a spot in our upcoming North Vancouver Flower Delivery

This level of international interest this year was beyond anything any of us ever imagined. It came as a bit of a surprise, actually. I am aware of the growing interest in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, but I knew nothing about what has been building in Vietnam, Singapore, Lithuania and so many other countries.

I am humbled and amazed by the fact that our little two-acre farm has inspired folks from as far away as Azerbaijan and Zimbabwe to start growing flowers!

To see a map of submissions, be sure to check out the map below.

I have to say, choosing winners is both exhilarating and heart wrenching. There were so many deserving applicants and narrowing the list felt nearly impossible. This year I pledged five spots and, thanks to the generous sponsorship of an extremely gracious flower friend and past workshop participant, we were able to offer a total of six scholarships.

Before I introduce the winners, I want to first express my heartfelt thanks to everyone who took the time to apply for the scholarship. I am incredibly honored that you so willingly shared your aspirations, your dreams and beautiful life stories with me. All week I have been reflecting on the many thoughtful essays, family memories and personal journeys that I read. Some of the submission made me laugh out loud; a few even brought me to tears.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Getting Started: Step-by-Step Preventive Maintenance Plan

THE CHEAPEST WAY TO PROTECT YOUR VISION

SSL-VER­SCHLÜS­SELUNG: BEDEUTUNG DES SSL-ZER­TI­FIKATS FÜR SEO